Why Adult Braces?
Orthodontic treatment is not only for kids and teens. Similar to the trend nationwide, many of Dr. Nimeri’s patients are adults, and braces are a great option to enhance their smiles and improve oral health. Here’s why:
- Correcting Misalignment: If you’re an adult considering first-time orthodontic treatment, you may be aware of crowding, misalignment, gaps, or other issues in your smile. In fact, teeth can move over time, even after undergoing orthodontic treatment as an adolescent—especially after years of not wearing a retainer as prescribed (relax! No judgement here). In either case, braces can improve a wide variety of issues and make it easier to chew and speak by correcting your bite.
- Health Benefits: Straight teeth are easier to clean, reducing the risk of cavities and gum disease. A good bite also means less strain on your jaw muscles and joints.
- Confidence Boost: A straight, beautiful smile can do wonders for your self-esteem. You’ll feel more confident in social and professional settings, ready to share your smile without hesitation.
- It’s Never Too Late: Teeth can be moved at any age, so the best time to address issues that may have bothered you is now, regardless of age.
Getting braces as an adult shows a great commitment to yourself and your health. Why wait to start feeling and looking better? Take the first step towards your new smile today!
What Types of Braces are Available for Adults?
Dr. Nimeri offers braces and clear aligner options. Each has its own unique advantages for adults:
- Traditional Metal Braces: While “traditional” may bring to mind “old technology,” it’s important to remember that, while they’re indeed a time-tested treatment option, orthodontists have continuously evolved traditional metal braces over the years. In fact, metal braces have come a long way in terms of comfort and aesthetics. They’re a cost-effective option and great for correcting various orthodontic issues.
- Clear Braces: Clear braces are like metal braces in function but use clear brackets to blend with your natural teeth. They’re less noticeable and offer an excellent balance of effectiveness with a more inconspicuous appearance. In fact, some of our adult patients are thrilled to report incidences where their friends didn’t notice their clear braces!
- Clear Invisalign® Aligners: It may not be what normally comes to mind when you think of braces, but Invisalign aligners are another option for adults wanting a better smile. These clear, removable “trays” are custom-made to fit over your teeth and barely noticeable. You can also remove them for eating and cleaning. Clear aligners are popular with adults due to their convenience and aesthetic appeal.
Remember, how we reach your smile goals as an adult depends to a certain degree on your individual needs and lifestyle. Dr. Nimeri and his team can help guide you toward the best choice for your perfect smile.
Top 4 Benefits of Braces for Adults
Opting for braces as an adult can bring about some truly amazing transformations, impacting not just your smile, but overall health and confidence too. Here are some of the key benefits of adult braces:
- Improved Oral Health: With straighter teeth comes easier hygiene and an improved bite that functions better. You might even have less jaw pain and headaches—or eliminate them altogether.
- Enhanced Appearance: A straight, even smile can dramatically improve your facial aesthetics and contributes to a more youthful and vibrant appearance.
- Boosted Self-esteem: With a beautiful smile, you’re likely to feel more confident in social and professional situations. It can make you more willing to smile, laugh, and express your truest self freely.
- Prevention of Dental Issues: By addressing orthodontic problems, you can prevent potential future complications, such as uneven wear of teeth, difficulties with chewing, and speech issues.
Getting braces as an adult isn’t just about aesthetics—it’s an investment in your health and happiness. So why wait? Begin your journey towards a healthier, more radiant smile today!
Cost of Adult Braces and Affordable Payment Options
Cost can vary depending on the length and specific treatment plan (your smile before treatment versus your goals for after treatment). Keep in mind:
- If you have insurance coverage, we accept most plans: Many dental insurance plans include orthodontic treatments, so it’s worth checking with your provider. We’ll even help you make the most of your coverage, optimizing your benefits and keeping out-of-pocket expenses in check.
- We offer financing: Croix View Orthodontics offers flexible payment plans for braces<URL=“/pricing/”>, with in-office financing and 0% interest to make the cost more manageable.
- If applicable, you may be able to use your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA):
Orthodontic treatment is an eligible expense for most FSAs and HSAs. This can yield even more savings, as the funds are pre-taxed dollars.
Bottom line: Every case differs, so the costs differ. We’re out to help everyone get the confident smile they need to live the healthiest life possible, so don’t let fear of the unknown hold you back! Let’s talk about your options and help you find the most cost-efficient way to get there.
Book a Free Consultation for Metal Braces in Stillwater
Taking the first step toward the smile you’ve always wanted has never been easier! Croix View Orthodontics offers free consultations, and we’ll help you decide if metal braces are right for you. Don’t wait—book your appointment today to start your journey to the smile you’ve always dreamed of!
Adult Braces FAQs
Will my braces interfere with work, speaking, or eating?
At first, wearing braces might take time to get used to. You may find eating and speaking slightly different, but your mouth will quickly adapt. At work, it won’t impact your productivity or professionalism. If anything, your confidence in your improving smile can enhance your work life!
How often will I need to visit the orthodontist?
You’ll typically need to visit your orthodontist every 4 to 6 weeks. These regular check-ups allow your orthodontist to adjust your braces and monitor your progress.
Can I wear braces if I have dental implants, crowns, or missing teeth?
Yes, it’s possible to get braces with dental implants, crowns, or even missing teeth. Dr. Nimeri will craft a personalized treatment plan for your unique situation.
How do I deal with discomfort or emergency situations?
Experiencing some discomfort is normal, especially after adjustments, but it will usually disappear in a few days. Over-the-counter pain relievers and orthodontic wax can help. For emergencies like a loose bracket or poking wire, contact our office for assistance—most issues are quickly resolved.
Find Us Conveniently Located in Stillwater
From our convenient location in Stillwater, we are proud to serve the communities of Bayport, Oak Park Heights, Grant, Lake Elmo, and Mahtomedi, MN, as well as Hudson, New Richmond, and Somerset, WI.